Several special features can be included in the RAO optimisation:
- limiting loop-flows on cross-zonal cnecs
- monitoring (rather than optimising) the flow on certain FlowCnecs (MNECs)
- not taking into account certain FlowCnecs - under specific conditions - for the computation of the minimum margin in the objective function
The objective function value is separated into two categories:
- the functional cost reflects the business value of the objective (i.e. the cost associated to the minimum margin and the business penalties on usage of remedial actions)
- the virtual cost reflects the violation of some special constraints. The first two special features (loop-flows & MNECs) are handled through the virtual cost.